Talbot County marine company is looking for a skilled marine mechanic, with at least 5 years of experience in the industry, to assemble, maintain, and repair marine vessels of lengths up to 60', averaging 35'. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machinery, engines, and mechanical systems. An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. Good communication with other employees and clients is required. You must also be able to follow all procedures and safety precautions and be able to work outdoors and indoors throughout the day.
- Represent yourself and the organization in a professional manner.
- Build and assemble engines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Inspect machinery, engines, transmissions, etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems.
- Perform full-service winterization and spring commissioning on all vessels.
- Undertake other duties as assigned (painting, sanding, varnishing, etc.).
- Keep organized accounts/logs of time spent on each job.
- Keep work area tidy and free of clutter.
- Respect vessels, ensuring each job is cleaned up completely and thoroughly at the end of the day.
- Proven experience as marine mechanic, with at least 5 years in the industry.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers).
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices, and to read and follow instructions.
- Ability to work in an individual or team-oriented setting.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Good communication skills, being able to speak directly with clients about their vessels and current ongoing work.
- Good work ethic and honesty.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple jobs throughout the day.
- A good problem-solving ability.
- Valid certification of: driver's license, boater's safety, and ABYC (American Boat and Yacht Council) certifications are required.